The 2012 Buyers Programme. A new business concept.
The aim of the ICA EXPO 2012 Hosted Buyer Programme (HBP) is to increase business opportunities at the trade fair by identifying and bringing selected buyers from around the world to meet co-operatives and do business at ICA EXPO. The selection criteria will include being highly competent professionals in the marketplace who are interested in co-operative products and services. They will participate in small group appointments with co-operatives of their choice. Buyers travel costs are covered entirely by ICA EXPO.
The Hosted Buyer Programme will be divided into three parts: pre-event, event and post-event.
Selection: ICA EXPO has partnered with the International Co-operative Alliance (ICA), the Co-operative Group UK, trade associations and sectorial institutions, all of which will provide assistance in selecting potential buyers.
• Open to buyers responsible for making budgetary decisions of more than 500.000€
• Buyers agree to set-up and show-up for appointments with exhibitors
• Buyers guarantee a minimum of 10 pre-scheduled appointments
• Buyers availability of contact prior to the show.
If you wish to receive further information regarding the ICA Expo Hosted Buyers Programme, please contact Ms. Fernanda Hinrichsen at: email@example.com
During the event
Hosted buyers will be provided with a brief introduction to the co-operative model of enterprise and their products as well as the advantages of doing business with co-operatives. This session will explain how co-operatives promote and contribute to socially responsible business through fair trade. It will provide information on the co-operative movement, how it is organised and the commercial success of the high quality products they will find in ICA Expo 2012.
ICA EXPO walking tour
A co-ordinator of the ICA Expo 2012 Hosted Buyer Programme will take the Hosted Buyers on a guided walking tour around the Expo to show them the structure of the event and accompany them to exhibitors’ booths for sampling products, distribution of gifts, and networking with the exhibitors’ marketing and sales teams.
This is a chance for buyers and exhibitors to meet in a relaxed atmosphere to get acquainted and network. During the reception, buyers will have the opportunity to sample products featured at the fair.
Business rounds are the most important part of the Hosted Buyer Programme. Its aim is to create opportunities for co-operatives and hosted buyers to do business and create new partnerships. Exhibitors will make a 20’ presentation of their products/services to a minimum of 10 potential buyers during workshops created especially for the programme.
• Names of participants will be listed on ICA EXPO 2012’s website.
• ICA EXPO participants will receive a newsletter providing information on business opportunities and ICA EXPO's professional developments.
Hosted Buyer’s Benefits:
• A personal itinerary of appointments with ICA Expo 2012 exhibitors.
• Access to a variety of exclusive products and services especially in Fair Trade and Social Responsibility
• Complimentary flights from/to Manchester, UK
• Complimentary Hotel Accommodation in a 4 star hotel for 2 nights
• Entry to Hosted Buyer VIP lounge with complimentary refreshments
• Complimentary transfers to the venue throughout your stay
• Complimentary Exhibit Hall registration for both days
* Not included: taxis; upgrades for hotel and travel; travel insurance; expenses if travelling by car and all personal room charges e.g. mini bar, telephone, internet, newspapers, etc.
Hosted Buyer’s commitments:
• By accepting the VIP Hosted Buyer package, buyers commit to attend a minimum of ten pre-scheduled appointments with exhibitors during their visit. These appointments can take place on one or over both days of the event.
• All meetings are 20 minutes in length. Meetings will start and stop on time.
• Provide credit card for payment information for hotel guarantee and incidentals when confirming your complimentary accommodations, and to keep on file for payment of hotel cancellation fees or airline tickets not used, due to cancellation by Hosted Buyer.
• Failure to attend appointments will result in the Hosted Buyer's credit card being charged for the hotel accommodations and air fare.
• All cancellation fees, incidental expenses and additional hotel nights will be the responsibility of the Hosted Buyer.
If you organize, influence or make budgetary decisions for your company, you may be eligible to attend ICA Expo as a Hosted Buyer.